Google Ads

Saturday, July 24, 2010

More on "Training Camp"

I can't resist sharing just a bit more of Jon Gordon's book.  There is so much to be gleaned from his book that can be applied in every area of our lives.  There is one chapter that entitled "Twenty Ways to Get Mentally Tough" and each one is such a gem.  I would like to share the list but please know these are from the book and certainly not something I have come up with on my own.  Below are the first 5.

1)  When you face a setback, think of it as a defining moment that will lead to a future accomplishment!

2)  When you encounter adversity (and you will), remember, the best don't just face adversity; they embrace it, knowing it's not a dead end but a detour to something greater and better.

3)  When you face negative people (and you will), know that the key to life is to stay positive in the face of negativity, not in the absence of it.  After all, everyone will have to overcome negativity to define themselves and create their success.

4)  When you face the naysayers, remember the people who believed in you and spoke positive words to you.

5)  When you face critics, remember to tune them out and focus only on being the best you can be.

As I read each one of these, I realize that I have allowed the negative to far over-shadow any positive!  Instead of overcoming negativity, I give into it and agree most of the time!

In my quest to do something more than just sit in front of the TV, I am working toward this goal of being the very best woman God has for me to become!  I'm not there yet, but I'm working on it.

As far as the exercise regime - I have gotten 2 days in this week and will get at least one more hour tomorrow!  I had hoped to get 4 days a week, and do some weeks, but this week only get 3 (unless I work out twice tomorrow - would that count?)

No comments: