Google Ads

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

The Question

I cannot believe it's been almost a week since I've been on here. For some reason - this week has been really hectic and busy and the days have all run together! By the time I have time to write, I don't have the ability to stay awake to write.

My spouse is traveling this week and will be doing so a great deal of the time this month. That is always a hard time as I don't handle things well when he is gone.


A friend in the blogging world honored me with an award earlier this week. I did not realize it until I got on tonight. Kathy over at Kathy's Klavier honored me with :

Thank you, Kathy! Now let me tell you - my family might not ever state it publicly - but there would be a lot of days they could not agree with this award. I am truly humbled by her sweet words of encouragement and the wisdom she shares with those of us in the blogosphere!

There are so many wonderful ways to make friends now and blogging has been a great experience for me. I found out that I still enjoy writing, which I've not done in a very long time. I also enjoy the thoughts of so many others.

I am going to go out on a limb here and confess - I struggle with insecurity. In my job, in my home, in my attempts to do different things - I seldom feel that I have what is necessary to handle the different things that occur. I always feel like I am having to compete with someone else and never measure up. The good news is that I serve a God who can accomplish His purpose in my life, when I let Him have complete control. Our pastor, in his sermon last week, preached about Bartimaeus out of Mark 10: 46-52. Bartimaeus was the blind man Jesus healed as he went into Jerusalem before the Passover meal and His crucifixion. Jesus asked Bartimaeus "What do you want me to do for you?" Bartimaeus' answer - "I want to see!". He did not just ask for physical sight - he also wanted spiritual sight. He believed and trusted that Jesus could and would do this for him. That's what we need to do.

An interesting sidenote to this story is that Bartimaeus could have settled for asking Jesus and the crowd that was with Him for money. Bartimaeus was a beggar, sitting beside the road and he could tell there was a large crowd coming. He could have simply asked Jesus to ask the crowd to be generous. He could have settled for something less and missed the true blessing Jesus had for him if he was willing to ask for it. How many times have I settled for something less, when God really had something so much better in mind for me, if I was willing to ask for it! Our pastor pointed out that our answer will reflect what we need and what we believe about Jesus. My confidence needs to be in Jesus and His ability to change my sight and my life! When I am desperate enough to search Him out - then I'm ready to allow change to take place.

What if Jesus asked you that same question?

6 comments:

Stylin said...

Hi Strawberry,
You are a sweet person and if we like you so much without knowing you then you must truly be wonderful in real life.I met Kathy thro you and you both are the Godly women influences in my life.I dont have a lot to look up to.
Wow,thats an honor to be nominated to head the Texas Baptist convention.Your pastor must be a fantastic man

Kathy said...

I'm not sure how I would answer Jesus if he asked me that question. At this time in my life, my greatest need from Him is to know without a doubt that both of my kids are living their lives in obedience to His will. Or at least for them to have that as their goal.

Incognito said...

Congrats on your award.. I am sure you are very worthy of it!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on being honored! Bartimaeus is an interesting story. The spiritual is important...

WomanHonorThyself said...

Congrads Strawberry!..u sure do deserve it hun!

Willy said...

You do deserve - I know you as a very giving person with the gift of service -

Sounds like it comes from someone who might know you!

10-4 Willy