Google Ads

Sunday, August 5, 2007

Family Time

Our family has been out of town for the past couple of days and I did not get access to the computer! We went to my spouse's hometown and got to enjoy some time with his family, our daughter, son-in-law and granddaughter, our son and see a lot of extended family and friends. We actually lived in his hometown after we were married so I also know quite a few people. It is always interesting to see the ones who live there and catch up on what's going on. It has been a little sad the past couple of years as his grandparents are no longer with us. They were big part of the weekend every year. When they reached the point where walking to the parade was so difficult - they would drive their pickup to a parking lot that faced the street and sit in their pickup to watch the parade. They also wanted everyone to come by and see them, which I am understanding more and more every day! It is hard to see the house where they lived and remember the good times and realize they aren't there any longer.

One of the highlights of the weekend for me is getting to dance with my spouse. I call it our annual ritual. We usually try to be there on Friday night and quite often Saturday night for the dance. It is one of the few times we get to go but we don't have to worry about alcohol, smoke or anything else (most of the time!). We have done this almost every year since we were married. My in-laws would take my children home when they were small and let us stay there for as long as we wanted. I always appreciated that time and their willingness to do that for us.

This year - the highlight was our daughter and son-in-law, along with my mother-in-law and sisters-in-law planned a little surprise party for my spouse and me. Our 25th anniversary is this next week so they threw a party for us. It was so nice and our daughter really wanted it to be special for us - which it was! We had a wonderful day, visiting with family, playing with our niece and nephew, and spending time with our family - especially the new granddaughter! Precious memories!

4 comments:

Kathy said...

It sounds like a wonderful time you had. Since you like Karen Kingsbury, if you haven't read A Time to Embrace, you should read it. You made me think about the characters in that book when you talked about you and your husband dancing together!

Frasier said...

That was so romantic !! Your family has made it a time to remember ! 25 years is a fantastic milestone !I hope you took loads of pics and will look back on precious memories as the years go by!

WomanHonorThyself said...

happy Anniversary and many more Strawberry!..ah dancing my favorite thing in the whole wide world!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Missy said...

Kathy - I have read all of her books, including this one. A Time to Dance was the first one and was a great book as well!

Frasy - our daughter took lots of pictures and gave us a 25th Anniversary frame/album to put the pictures in once they are printed!

Angel - one of my favorites as well!

Thank you to all for your warm wishes!