Google Ads

Saturday, July 21, 2007

Weary

Well - I certainly cannot say that I am restless tonight. We worked on our flower bed in front of our house most of the morning and a good part of the afternoon. Also cleaned out and straightened up the garage as we get new doors this next week!!! :) That's a very good thing since the 2 have not worked properly since right after we moved to this house.

The front flower bed does not have flowers in (other than my gorgeous crape myrtle which now has beautiful purple blooms!). I built a border - wall around the edge this morning. It wasn't necessarily difficult, just time consuming and very warm! For our area of the world - it was really humid, which, of course, adds to the heat.

The border looks really nice. I will get a picture once we get flowers in it. Right now it really looks nice when you get all the weeds, dandelions, etc. out of the bed. If we wait too long to plant and mulch, we'll have to clean it out again.

I think that is the way we are as humans. We get a lot of junk in our lives, allow it to grow, and it can begin to take over our lives, if we don't get it out. When we do, our lives look nice and clean and orderly, but just like my flower bed, things can get really ugly very quickly if we allow them free reign. The Lord gave His life for me. It is my responsibility to keep the home clean and free of sin. If I do not - He cannot be there. A separation occurs and it is very frightening to be separated from God.

"How can I keep from singing Your praise?" New Chris Tomlin song - really expresses that well!

6 comments:

Incognito said...

I know what you mean.. clutter in the house makes for clutter within our beings. It is so freeing to get rid of stuff. You've inspired me.

WomanHonorThyself said...

ah yes I should clean the dang boiler room!..ha nice post Stawberry!! :)

Missy said...

Spouse and son actually did all the cleaning in the garage and did a wonderful job! Spouse helped clean out the weeds from the flower bed after I got the wall built.

It just makes everything look a lot nicer when you get that done but it is not a lot of fun during the process.

AmPowerBlog said...

I saw your comments on PETA over at Angel's blog. I agree! Thanks for that!

Frasier said...

That sounded like a lot of work !! We gave up on a garden this year because we are not allowed to water plants every day etc.
I always find cleaning out closets etc very much like dropping loads of weight...its a burden relieved !

Missy said...

Donald - Thank you! I saw your comments as well! Like-minded folks!

Frasypoo - we live outside the city limits and are on a well, so I don't have to worry about water restrictions placed on us. Gives a little more headaches sometimes, but also a little more freedom for things like lawns and gardens at others!