Google Ads

Sunday, July 1, 2007

I'm Back!

Whew!!! I cannot believe how long it's been since I've done this. I left my house on Wednesday afternoon and didn't get back until Friday afternoon. Left again on Saturday and had a Patriotic program at church this evening.

The reason I was gone - our daughter and son-in-law have a new baby girl, who, of course, is beautiful. I spent most of the days gone either with them or trying to get things together for them. It has been a hectic time, but also a joyful time. Seeing that beautiful new life is a perfect reminder of God's love for each of us. His Word says that He knew us before we were ever formed and He is completely aware of everything about us. He knit us together in our mother's womb - those words take on such new meaning after a birth, especially for the parents. Seeing a helpless little infant, knowing you are responsible for everything for them can be overwhelming, but God's Word should encourage us. If He knit that new person together, He is going to provide everything they need to survive, within His perfect will. He chose the parents this new child would have - it's not just a coincidence of nature! That should give us such peace about our role in their lives. As new parents, each of us is/was terrified and completely overwhelmed at the prospect of caring for a new life! If God thought enough of us to give us the child, we need to move forward with confidence! I told my daughter the most important thing she needs to remember right now is that she and her husband loves that child. She will learn what each of those cries means, she will learn what to do to comfort her, and she will learn how to discipline her. All of those will be done well, if she just remembers that she loves that precious new life. I know they will both be great parents and I could not be prouder of my daughter. She is a great mother! This is my tribute to her!

5 comments:

Incognito said...

Congrats Strawb!! Good health and happiness to the wee one and her parents.

Semper Fi Mom said...

Congratulations!! Is this your first grandbaby? (You may have said that already and I just missed it). Glad to hear that Mommy and Baby are well.

Frasier said...

Congrats Strawberry.
The miracle of birth....all in Gods plans!!

Texas Red said...

Thanks, Mom. You were right, I should have waited to read this, but that's okay! Thanks anyway!

WomanHonorThyself said...

Congrads Strawberry..enjoy her!