Google Ads

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Work Out!

Okay - I admit it. I hate to exercise! It is not - and never has been something I enjoy doing. However, several years ago, my doctor told me my cholesterol level was too high and needed to come down. He told me he would either put me on medication or give me a year to bring it down by watching my diet and exercising. I chose the latter and did succeed in bringing the level down below 200 and keeping it there for several years without having to use medication. When I started back to work, it was much harder to get the workout in on as regular a basis as I had done before. Also - starting a home based business which took up several evenings, also kept me from devoting the time needed to exercise. When our son left for college last August and my spouse started traveling (a lot!!! He was gone more days before Christmas than he was home), I found myself at home alone for the first time in a very long time! TV became my companion and the couch in the living room my bed many nights! Now that I had the time - I had no desire to work out, or do much of anything else.

Now - an extra 15 - 20 lbs. later, things have to change!!! I started the workout that was so successful for me years ago but am still having a hard time, staying with it. Also - my spouse got me a Wii for Christmas and I love it. However, the Wii Fit is not a cardio workout and I need the push to do something more. I enjoy the games (especially the boxing, which I love!!!), strength training and yoga that the Wii offers but need the extra cardio to help lower the cholesterol and lose weight.

So - the reason for this little diatribe - I am using this blog as my accountability partner for now. If someone else is reading this and needs encouragement or wants to give me some encouragement, feel free to comment. I would appreciate the support!

As the Nike commercial so aptly puts it - JUST DO IT!!!

No comments: