Google Ads

Saturday, January 5, 2008

Work

I have a friend who has come to work at the school district office where I work. I have enjoyed having her next door to my office. The one concern I have it that it could become very easy to spend my time at work visiting with friends and co-workers rather than doing the work that needs to be done. It has been a very long time since I've had someone who was a good friend work with me. However, I also know that I was hired to accomplish the tasks given to me and it is my responsibility to get these done. My job, whether it is at home or outside the home, is to be done for the Lord's glory - not my own! That being said - it also needs to be done to the best of my ability as it IS for the Lord's glory. I do not want the job I do to ever cast a bad light on my Lord.

I have been challenged by a couple of blogs I found at another friend's blogsite. They are http://www.emissaryx.blogspot.com/ and http://whatsoeverispure.blogspot.com/.

Happy New Year to all.

5 comments:

Kathy said...

That's great to have a friend at work -- sometimes it really helps to make the day go by better. I checked out those links -- good reading. I've always enjoyed learning what the different cults believe so I found some interesting things there.

Stylin said...

Hi Strawberry
Glad to see you back!!
On the Iowa Caucus,I feel that it was important in the fact that Hillary and her supporters realised that she was not as popular as they thought she was !!!It was more to prove a point with a friends husband than anything else!!!Other than that,I also did not think the caucus was important!!!!

Missy said...

Thanks, Frasy. Actually I asked my spouse about the importance of the caucuses. He said they determine which candidate delegates to that state's convention will elect. So they apparently work like a primary which is what we have but are structured differently. Don't really know more than that.

WomanHonorThyself said...

hey Strawberry!..I didnt know u were still blogging girl..havent seen ya in ages!...I understand this post too..but no good friends where I work so I work work work!..ha

Missy said...

Hey Angel! I don't get to blog everyday but I am trying to get 2 or 3 every week. So far - 2.

Hi-Ho! Hi-Ho! It's off to work we go!