Google Ads

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Friends

Friends are such a gift from God! I have several friends from high school that still keep in touch occasionally. My best friend and I may not talk for several months then one or the other calls and we can still talk for hours (just like high school). We catch up on what's happening in our lives - children, husbands, jobs, whatever happens to be going on at the time! She is a treasure and I am truly blessed to have her as a friend.

I have several friends from different areas, as we have moved frequently in our married life. Kansas, Nebraska, DFW Metroplex, the Panhandle of Texas and other places. These are precious jewels to me. I can call or drop in on almost anyone of them and they will always be there, as I am for them.

If you are fortunate enough to have many friends, count your blessings and recognize how rich you truly are. Money, prestige, or power cannot satisfy you, but friends are God's special blessing and a way to bring a sense of belonging to every soul. God is our Heavenly Father and Best Friend, but there are those times when you just need a friend "with skin on" that you can hug or just hang out with!!!

No comments: