Google Ads

Monday, May 21, 2007

Thunderstorms

We are having some intense thunderstorms tonight. Lightning flashes and in a few seconds the thunder booms! I have to admit that I have never been afraid of storms. I think I should have gone into Meteorology in college. I love watching the clouds change shapes, darken the skies and then drop streaks of lightning followed by the clap of thunder! I have never been in a tornado either, although I have seen several. I love seeing them drop, although I know how much damage they can do. To me, it is a clear reminder that we as humans are not in control, however much we might like to think we are. God is on His throne and is in control of the world and everything in it. That thought brings me immense comfort during the hard times that come.

I have not had any true severe tests in my life. I guess some would call that blessed, but I would have to say that's not exactly true. God only gives us what we can handle, so if I've not had anything too difficult - Hmmm? I am not asking for difficulties though - that would be nuts! I am not asking for patience, although I probably should. I have had some rough patches, but nothing compared to what a lot of people must deal with on a daily basis. I do not fear for my life when I go to church on Sunday morning. My children have grown up with what they needed provided for them. They have never gone hungry, never suffered severe illness, nor dealt with extreme poverty (although sometimes they may have thought they did). I have not had to deal with cancer personally, although I did have to watch my grandmother and my sister go through that trial. My sister has had a clean bill of health for several years now and we are very thankful!!!

The sun will come out after the storms are over. That is God's promise to us.

"When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze." Isaiah 43:2 (NIV)

3 comments:

WomanHonorThyself said...

The sun will come out after the storms are over....exactly Strawberry!..thanks so much for stoppin by at my site..do come again!!

Missy said...

Thank you. My hubby - panhandle poet showed me your site.

Texas Red said...

I think you passed on your love of thunderstorms to me. We like to drive and watch the clouds and lightening. I almost went for a drive the night the tornado was east of town...I resisted, but it was difficult. :)